Welcome to this issue of Craft Selling Party News - I hope you enjoy reading it!
Every month Craft Selling Party News will bring you new tips and information related to all aspects of selling your crafts at home parties, as well as updating you on what's new at Craft-Selling-Parties.com.
If you like this newsletter, please forward it to any of your crafty friends who might be interested too. If a friend did forward this to you and you like what you read, please subscribe.
Contents of this issue of Craft Selling Party News
Tip of the month
What's new at craft-selling-parties.com - don't miss out on the latest additions!
Featured article - Make Your Crafts Stand Out
Craft resource of the month - TeachSoap.com
Tip of the month
One of the emails I received this month was asking advice about how to get regular home parties, as she found she was getting cancellations which broke the 'flow'.
I've had the same problem myself, but there are ways to get around it. Here are my tips for dealing with it:
- When they phone to cancel, ask them when they'd like to reschedule. Most people won't suggest a new date unless asked. If they don't want to reschedule, find out why - it may be a problem you can fix. One of my last month's cancellations has rescheduled for next month - it was just a timing issue.
- Try incentives - maybe giving a voucher when they book that's only valid at their party will persuade them not to cancel. Often people forget about hostess gifts, but if they have something in their hands that they can't use until they have a party, they might be more motivated!
- As soon as you get a cancellation, get on the phone to some other contacts you have or to previous hostesses and try to get a new booking asap. It gets discouraging otherwise. The longer you go without doing a party, the more impossible it seems that you'll ever get a booking again, so try not to let that happen.
- Perhaps it's a possibility to hold your own party on the date of the cancellation. You've already got a party in your diary, so maybe just invite your own circle of friends and have one anyway. That in turn might then lead to more parties.
Also take look at Growing Your Home Based Craft Business for more ideas on getting repeat bookings and following up with potential hostesses.
What's new at craft-selling-parties.com
- I'm gathering information for a section on the different ways of accepting payment for your crafts. Please fill out this quick survey to help me find out what does and doesn't work for you.
- If you haven't taken the plunge yet, these 10 Reasons To Sell From Home Parties might persuade you!
- September until Christmas is a busy time for craft sales, so if you're just getting started this is a good time to launch your craft home party business with a party of your own. For inspiration, take a look at these 8 Great Excuses to Have a Home Party.
- Now that the summer is officially here, at least for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere ;-), how about celebrating by having a Beach Theme Party to sell your crafts at.
- And on the subject of theme parties, read these ideas for a pink Breast Cancer Awareness Party.
Featured article - Making Your Crafts Unique
by Louise Longworth
What do you do when it seems that everyone is making the same crafts as you? How do you make your crafts unique? Read more...
If you have an article that you think will be of interest to my visitors at Craft-Selling-Parties.com, please submit it here. All authors will receive a free link to their own website if their article is used.
Craft resource of the month
This week's resource is for those of you interested in soap making and other handmade bath and body products. In their own words... "TeachSoap is the premier site for soap making instructions, soap recipes, soap making tips and everything you'd want to know about making soap and other handcrafted products including lip balms, lotions, and more!" Let me know what you think.
If you know of a useful website or resource that would appeal to my readers, please let me know about it here.
If you've enjoyed reading this newsletter, I'd very much appreciate it if you could take a minute to rate or review it on Bestezines.com